Since late March, we are having issues querying the API successfully. If we manually run a site, it works. If we use the API, the Grade field in the EndPoint is missing as per the documentation below. Anyone else have the issue? We are getting "Internal Error" in the "statusMessage".
- ipAddress - endpoint IP address, in IPv4 or IPv6 format.
- serverName - server name retrieved via reverse DNS
- statusMessage - assessment status message; this field will contain "Ready" if the endpoint assessment was successful.
- statusDetails - code of the operation currently in progress
- statusDetailsMessage - description of the operation currently in progress
- grade - possible values: A+, A-, A-F, T (no trust) and M (certificate name mismatch)
- gradeTrustIgnored - grade (as above), if trust issues are ignored
- futureGrade - next grade because of upcoming grading criteria changes, Null if there is no impact on current grade.
- hasWarnings - if this endpoint has warnings that might affect the score (e.g., get A- instead of A).
- isExceptional - this flag will be raised when an exceptional configuration is encountered. The SSL Labs test will give such sites an A+.
- progress - assessment progress, which is a value from 0 to 100, and -1 if the assessment has not yet started
- duration - assessment duration, in milliseconds
- eta - estimated time, in seconds, until the completion of the assessment
- delegation - indicates domain name delegation with and without the www prefix
- bit 0 (1) - set for non-prefixed access
- bit 1 (2) - set for prefixed access
- details - this field contains an EndpointDetails object. It's not present by default, but can be enabled by using the "all" parameter to the