Qualys Cloud Platform Release 8.16 includes New Password Security Options
We’ve added several new password security options to enforce a strong password policy when logging into your Qualys subscription.
Go to Users > Setup > Security to set password requirements for all users in the subscription.
New Configurable Options
- Password must contain at least one lowercase letter.
- Password must contain at least one uppercase letter.
- Password must contain at least one numeric character.
- Password must not contain 3 identical characters in a row.
Good to Know
- For existing subscriptions, the new password security options above are off by default.
- For new subscriptions, the password security options above are on by default.
By default, you cannot reuse any of your last 13 passwords. This option will become configurable in a future release.
Qualys is also enforcing a special characters requirement, by default. This option too will become configurable in a future release.