Some of the improvements in Engine 6.0 include:
- Enhanced support for ECMA Script 6 (ES6)
- Enhanced support for CSS3
- Enhanced support for HTML5 features including local storage, geolocation, WebSocket, and XMLHttpRequest
- Better support for Content Security Policy (CSP) levels 2 and 3
- Support for client-side certificate authentication with certificate chain
- Support for WebGL
With the changes, it's entirely possible that you will see differences in your scan results. The number of links crawled and/or AJAX links may increase. Scan times may also increase due to the improved crawling (more links and requests crawled mean more tests performed).
In rare cases, Selenium scripts that played back successfully in the older scan engine may stop working in Engine 6.0 due to differences in the way the web pages are rendered. Simply re-record your script using Qualys Browser Recorder in that case and re-upload it.
If you encounter any issues in your WAS scans, please open a case with Qualys Support by selecting Help--Contact Support while logged into the platform.